Your windows protect your home and your family from extreme temperatures, wind, rain, snow, and ice, making proper Bernardsville window replacement important. When the temperatures outside are comfortable, how well your windows are doing their job may not be too apparent. But when you have a very hot day coupled with high humidity, you may find your air conditioner working overtime to maintain a cool home. And on a cold winter day, you might feel a draft as you walk past your older, inefficient windows. Many ask themselves, “How do I know if I need Bernardsville window replacement?”. Besides the obvious signs like water leaks or cracked glass, there are other signs to look for that will tell you need Bernardsville window replacement.
Do You Need Bernardsville Window Replacement?
- Drafts: If windows are drafty, they are allowing heat exchange between the inside and outside air. It’s like throwing money out the “window”.
- Single pane windows: Some older homes have single pane windows. While double pane windows have an insulating layer of gas between the two glass panes, single pane windows don’t have this benefit, making them less energy efficient.
- Frame condition: Older windows, especially wood windows, take a beating over the years. Wood window frames can become warped and cracked due to temperature fluctuations over time.
- Inoperable windows: Often going hand-in-hand with poor frame condition, older windows can become inoperable. They may not open due to sash wear, being painted shut with layer upon layer of paint, or may not remain opened due to sash or balance problems.
- Glass condition: Over time, the seals between the two panes of glass can weaken and become broken. When seal failure occurs, the gas fill escapes and you lose the beneficial insulating properties. One sure sign of seal failure is fog or condensation on the inner glass.
- Increased utility bills: Compare your utility bills from the last few years. Don’t just look at dollars spent, compare kilowatt hours used in the same month over the years. If you see an increase, that’s an indication your home isn’t as energy efficient as it once was. Some utility service providers offer online usage analysis tools to help determine if your usage has increased.
Looking for the Best Bernardsville Window Replacement Service?
If you’re looking for the best contractor for Somerset County replacement windows, Markey LLC is the solution for you. Markey LLC has been providing outstanding replacement window service to homeowners in our community for over 25 years. to our community. We take pride in our work and prioritize integrity. We replace all types of windows including bow & bay windows, casement windows, double hung windows, garden windows and more! Contact us or visit our Somerset County replacement window showroom to see full size displays of our products. All of our employees are factory certified and we never use subcontractors.