Ahh, the sweet smell of spring. Fresh cut grass. Blooming flowers. Spring rain. Better than a candle! How can you enjoy this wonderful season even more? Create a home that is open to the sights, smells and joys of spring. Here are a few things that you can do to enhance this time of the year:
If there are nooks and crannies that have been neglected for months or even years, take time now to clean out and start anew.
- Replace or paint banged up molding in rooms throughout the home.
- Whiten trim and windowsills that have taken on a dingy hue.
- Pull out appliances and make sure the vents are clear of dust and debris.
- Shake out, wash and dry linens and draperies. (Have special fabrics dry cleaned depending on the washing instructions.)
- Pull everything out of the pantry and toss out expired goods, wiping down surfaces and surroundings in the meantime.
- Clean out the oven- whether it is self-cleaning or not, spring is the perfect time to crank up the heat and remove layers of a charred mess. (*hint: open windows and doors if possible to let the smell waft out of the house)
- Donate old or never-used clothes to regain some closet space and pare down.
The interior shouldn’t get all the spring cleaning attention! Take your business outside, too. There are many things a homeowner can do to prep the outside for the coming warm weather and even find ways to enjoy the season right now.
- Pressure wash all applicable surfaces: concrete, paved walkways, decks, etc for a mold and moss free environment.
- The New Jersey windy weather can take a toll on gutters and drain spouts. Walk the property to make sure they are securely intact and repair where applicable. If you find that the gutters need to be replaced altogether, simply contact James T Markey for an easy gutter fix. Call 800-605-4470
- This is a good time to apply moss-inhibitors on the top roofline. (Contact James T Markey Remodeling if you are thinking about replacing your leaky roof.)
- Tend to any abused weather-stripping around exterior doors so as to prevent drafts in this still chilly season.
- Clean or hire someone to polish up exterior windows to let the sunshine in! (In the market for upgraded windows? James T Markey Remodeling is the place for New Jersey’s best bay, garden, casement and double-hung windows, with the best rates and installation process.)